PHEMI brings privacy, performance, and enterprise-grade management to big data. Our flagship product, PHEMI Central lets organizations easily access and mine any variety of data at any volume — driving insights that lower costs, improve outcomes, and allow better decisions faster. PHEMI Central’s fine-grained access controls automatically enforce data sharing agreements and privacy policies at the data cell level. With PHEMI, enterprises are able to remove critical roadblocks and realize their potential as data-driven organizations.
As part of the R&D team, you will work within the data science team investigating and building software infrastructures that will facilitate Data Science solutions that will communicate with the PHEMI Central product and other industry tool sets such as Tableau, RDBMS, etc.
- Develop and maintain the infrastructure between PHEMI Central and Spark.
- Operationalize existing data science solutions (e.g., Machine Learning pipeline, ETL process) to automatically run in production environments
- Investigate and implement data science visualization solutions
- Implement automated tests
- Investigate and keep up to date with latest industry tools that will enable the integration of our data science solutions with other industry standard tool sets.
- Collaborate with cross-functional team members to continuously improve our products, tools and development processes
- Identify product enhancements to facilitate further research and support of data projects
Preferred Skills and Abilities
- Full stack Web-Application development, such as: Dashboard/Interactive app development
- Proficiency in Java, Scala and JVM ecosystem.
- Familiar with Spark and MLlib
- Experience with SQL, Python (in particular stats & machine-learning), Web-technologies (d3, Tableau, Matplotlib, etc.), are preferred
- Knowledge of distributed systems and scalability, Hadoop, MapReduce
- Knowledge of software deployment tools like Ansible and Docker preferred
- Ability to formulate problem statements and develop a plan for tackling the problem
- Practical knowledge of the Linux operating system
- Ability to work cohesively in a team environment
- Software development & engineering skills
- Ability and willingness to travel and support customers internationally preferred
- Exposure to Big Data, Machine Learning, Statistics
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or diploma in Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering or a related field
- 2 or more years of software development experience with Big Data (e.g., academic courses or professional work) and Data Science preferred
Why you should join
We’re on a roll! PHEMI continues to earn recognition around the world, including the 2016 Datanami Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Award for “Best Big Data Innovator: Data Management.” PHEMI is a SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist, one of Network World’s 2016 “big data and analytics companies to watch,” and one of CB Insights’ 2016 “13 Early-Stage Startups to Watch in Canada.” In 2015, PHEMI won a Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ “Company to Watch” Award and closed a large financing round.
There’s never been a better time to join PHEMI, and there are even bigger things to come. Our leadership team has taken numerous early stage companies to great commercial success and our technology team is second to none. We’re energetic and dedicated collaborators, committed to changing how industries discover and drive value from their data. We encourage our employees to stretch their boundaries and develop innovative solutions. We regularly celebrate our successes with pizza, popsicles, relay races, and dodgeball tournaments!
Great people. Great technology. Great opportunity.