PHEMI brings privacy, performance, and enterprise-grade management to big data. Our flagship product, PHEMI Central lets organizations easily access and mine any variety of data at any volume — driving insights that lower costs, improve outcomes, and allow better decisions faster. PHEMI Central’s fine-grained access controls automatically enforce data sharing agreements and privacy policies at the data cell level. With PHEMI, enterprises are able to remove critical roadblocks and realize their potential as data-driven organizations.
As part of our Customer Success Organization, the Customer Support Engineer plays an integral role in providing exceptional customer service and extraordinary solutions; acting as the first line of response. Working across functional teams, you work collaboratively to deliver customer solutions and resolve problems in a timely manner with high quality.
- Provides an extraordinary customer experience by handling inquiries through various communication channels
- Provide service and technical support according to customer Support Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Install and configure hardware, software, and network for PHEMI product deployments
- Advocate for the customer, proactively communicating issues and resolution with both the customer and internal R&D teams
- Maintain a trouble-shooting and best-practice knowledge base
- Provide regular reports to customers and PHEMI internal teams
- Coordinate response for customer privacy and security requirements (e.g., PIA, STRA), including securing agreements for support team access to data sources
- Document product deployments
- As part of the professional services team you will be a part of a 24 hours support team – with some travel, shiftwork and on-call availability.
Skills and Competencies:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in a customer-facing support environment
- Proficiency in hardware installation, monitoring and problem resolution
- Proficiency in Linux system installation and administration (RedHat Enterprise preferred), virtual machines, and network configuration
- Tier-II or Tier-III technical support knowledge
- Proficiency in security configuration for distributed system deployments
- Proficiency in distributed systems trouble shooting
- Knowledge of SQL & Non-SQL databases
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Proficiency in Linux shell scripting
- Familiarity with AWS and Azure
- Experience with large scale distributed systems (e.g., HPC and big data technologies) is preferred
Professional Qualifications and Experience:
- Technical Diploma, BSc. Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience
- 2-5 years Linux IT administration experience, and troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience with database administration, relational databases and database technologies i.e. MS-SQL
- Ability to prioritize and efficiently self–manage work tasks and time
Why you should join
We’re on a roll! PHEMI continues to earn recognition around the world, including the 2016 Datanami Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Award for “Best Big Data Innovator: Data Management.” PHEMI is a SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist, one of Network World’s 2016 “big data and analytics companies to watch,” and one of CB Insights’ 2016 “13 Early-Stage Startups to Watch in Canada.” In 2015, PHEMI won a Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ “Company to Watch” Award and closed a large financing round.
There’s never been a better time to join PHEMI, and there are even bigger things to come. Our leadership team has taken numerous early stage companies to great commercial success and our technology team is second to none. We’re energetic and dedicated collaborators, committed to changing how industries discover and drive value from their data. We encourage our employees to stretch their boundaries and develop innovative solutions. We regularly celebrate our successes with pizza, popsicles, relay races, and dodgeball tournaments!
Great people. Great technology. Great opportunity.