The key in planning network capacity is to have just enough capacity, but not too much. If there isn’t enough capacity, customer experience and SLAs are impacted. If there’s too much, the telco has made unnecessary capital expenditure.
An informed decision about network planning requires smart, accurate, data-driven forecasting. In the past, this just meant analyzing voice traffic, but now needs to include not only voice but also data and mobile broadband. A big data warehouse can help you consolidate information across data silos—a serious challenge for traditional data warehouses—while helping the service provider meet compliance and governance requirements.
With the PHEMI Central Big Data Warehouse, telecom providers can address a number of their capacity planning challenges:
- Integrate streaming data from sensors, devices, and network log data into the big data warehouse, helping network operators understand consumption patterns and predict and avoid network outages
- Analyze and visualize network intelligence provided by connected devices, allowing telecos to quickly identify anomalies in network traffic
- Find consumption spikes, network bottlenecks, or slow performance and respond immediately, throttling bandwidth and reallocating resources to prevent network outages and service disruptions and preserve SLAs
- Seamlessly feed curated digital assets into existing analytics tools
- Integrate disparate data types and sources and funnel them as a single dataset towards existing analytics and planning tools
The PHEMI Central Big Data Warehouse can supply not just the data that telcos need to plan capacity, but also the privacy, security, and data management mechanisms telcos need for effective information governance.