PHEMI brings privacy, performance, and enterprise-grade management to big data. Our flagship product, PHEMI Central lets organizations easily access and mine any variety of data at any volume — driving insights that lower costs, improve outcomes, and allow better decisions faster. PHEMI Central’s fine-grained access controls automatically enforce data sharing agreements and privacy policies at the data cell level. With PHEMI, enterprises are able to remove critical roadblocks and realize their potential as data-driven organizations.
As an integral member of our growing sales team in Vancouver, our Senior Sales Engineer will drive and actively support the technical evaluation stage of the sales process for PHEMI opportunities. This unique opportunity will allow you to combine your strong technical knowledge of relational databases with your proven sales skills to provide advice and support on the PHEMI suite of products.
Are you motivated by understanding and solving customer problems, action-oriented, goal-driven, a fast learner and naturally curious? Eager to dive into the exciting world of big data? This is the ideal role for you.
- Work closely with our sales team on assigned end-user and partner opportunities, prioritizing work based on maximizing sales target achievements and corporate goals
- Scope the technical solution required to address customer requirements, recommend solutions that optimize value for both our customers and PHEMI
- Develop and deliver product demonstrations of PHEMI Central for sales and business development meetings (virtual and in-person)
- Communicate PHEMI’s technical competitive advantages to win new customers
- Maintain relationships with technical influencers in the sales process
- Represent and demonstrate PHEMI Central to customers and prospects at industry conferences
- Respond to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, support, and marketing, providing feedback from the field to internal stakeholders to align solution to market requirements
- Assist with coaching sales and marketing to enhance technical product knowledge
Professional Qualifications & Experience
- 5+ years experience and successful track record as a Sales/Solution Engineer selling complex technology solutions
- Excellent written, verbal communication, and presentation skills
- Technical skills:
- *strong SQL, ETL, database governance and Python skills are highly desired
- *Experience with Linux system administration, modern web stack and database management would be an asset
- *Solid programming skills (Java, Perl, R, ETL, other); governance tools
- Experience with big data technologies (e.g) Hadoop, Accumulo, MapReduce), data warehouse architectures, visualization, storage systems and web services is an asset.
- Strong work ethic, ability to work in a self-directed but also collaborative environment
- Able to travel (mostly North America) as required for sales meetings, events
- University degree or college diploma in computer science or related field
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Experience developing business processes and infrastructure to scale with a fast growing company
- Domain expertise in healthcare and life sciences in Canada and the United States
Why you should join
We’re on a roll! In 2015, PHEMI won a Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Company to Watch award and closed a large financing round. This year, PHEMI continues to earn recognition around the world, including the 2016 Datanami Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Award for “Best Big Data Innovator: Data Management.” PHEMI is a SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist, one of Network World’s 2016 “big data and analytics companies to watch,” and one of CB Insights’ 2016 “13 Early-Stage Startups to Watch in Canada.”
There’s never been a better time to join PHEMI, and there are even bigger things to come. Our leadership team has taken numerous early stage companies to great commercial success and our technology team is second to none. We’re energetic and dedicated collaborators, committed to changing how industries discover and drive value from their data. We encourage our employees to stretch their boundaries and develop innovative solutions. We regularly celebrate our successes with pizza, popsicles, relay races, and dodgeball tournaments!
Great people. Great technology. Great opportunity.