PHEMI brings privacy, performance, and enterprise-grade management to big data. Our flagship product, PHEMI Central lets organizations easily access and mine any variety of data at any volume — driving insights that lower costs, improve outcomes, and allow better decisions faster. PHEMI Central’s fine-grained access controls automatically enforce data sharing agreements and privacy policies at the data cell level. With PHEMI, enterprises are able to remove critical roadblocks and realize their potential as data-driven organizations.
As part of the R&D team, you play an integral role in creating extraordinary solutions and have a passion to deliver high-quality products. Working within an agile team, you work collaboratively to deliver user-stories in a timely manner with high-quality.
- Define test strategies, test plans and risk assessments
- Drive test plan reviews with cross-functional team members
- Implement, execute and evaluate both automated and manual test cases
- Identify and clearly communicate defects and bugs to developers and other team members
- Identify any potential quality issues per defined process and escalate potential quality issues immediately to management
- Ensure that validated deliverables meet requirements and design specifications
- Isolate, replicate, and report defects
- Verify defect fixes
Preferred Skills & Abilities:
- Sound knowledge of testing methodologies and defect management practices
- Ability to create clear reports on results and findings
- Ability to translate business specifications into test plans, tests cases and provide QA plans on task execution and estimates
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (verbal and written) with the ability to recommend changes to others
- Ability to focus on deadlines and deliverables, balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to logically and analytically troubleshoot software and to discuss issues with various stakeholders
- Proven commitment to quality while being creative when testing, thinking outside normal test cases
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
- 5 years in Quality Assurance, with significant experience in writing and executing test plans and test cases.
- Degree or Diploma in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience writing and maintaining tests for an automated testing framework (Selenium or Robot is preferred)
- Experience working in Agile/Scrum development environments and Continuous Integration is an asset (Jenkins CI is preferred)
- Experience with Big Data technologies are preferred
Why you should join
We’re on a roll! PHEMI continues to earn recognition around the world, including the 2016 Datanami Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Award for “Best Big Data Innovator: Data Management.” PHEMI is a SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist, one of Network World’s 2016 “big data and analytics companies to watch,” and one of CB Insights’ 2016 “13 Early-Stage Startups to Watch in Canada.” In 2015, PHEMI won a Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ “Company to Watch” Award and closed a large financing round.
There’s never been a better time to join PHEMI, and there are even bigger things to come. Our leadership team has taken numerous early stage companies to great commercial success and our technology team is second to none. We’re energetic and dedicated collaborators, committed to changing how industries discover and drive value from their data. We encourage our employees to stretch their boundaries and develop innovative solutions. We regularly celebrate our successes with pizza, popsicles, relay races, and dodgeball tournaments!
Great people. Great technology. Great opportunity.