PHEMI brings privacy, performance, and enterprise-grade management to big data. Our flagship product, PHEMI Central lets organizations easily access and mine any variety of data at any volume — driving insights that lower costs, improve outcomes, and allow better decisions faster. PHEMI Central’s fine-grained access controls automatically enforce data sharing agreements and privacy policies at the data cell level. With PHEMI, enterprises are able to remove critical roadblocks and realize their potential as data-driven organizations.
As part of our Customer Success organization, you are a PHEMI ambassador, on the front line playing a lead role in designing and implementing extraordinary solutions that give customers a quick time-to-insight on their data. You enjoy customer interaction, but want to keep one toe in the code. Your can-do attitude drives you to understand and solve customer problems – equally comfortable explaining functionality on a whiteboard, hands-on coding and deploying/integrating enterprise-grade systems. This is a terrific opportunity for you to jump into the Big Data space and gain a proficiency in the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Leading the technical implementation for customer-specific engagements such as Proofs of Concept, Pilots and Production deployment
- Understand, design and build secure enterprise-grade solutions
- Design and implement integration activities with enterprise information systems, enterprise data warehouse systems, applications and business intelligence tools
- Implement and integrate with relational database systems and analytics tools
- Writing scripts, ETL functions, and light-weight data transformation programs.
- Designing PHEMI-specific data models
- Install and configure PHEMI systems to specified privacy and security guidelines, and complete customer-defined Privacy Impact Assessments and Security Threat Risk Assessments.
- Pro-actively monitor, troubleshoot and resolve corporate IT system and application problems
- Explain PHEMI functionality, technology overview to customers
- Implement and maintain customer data source connectors and data processing functions
- Identify and communicate feature requirements to Product Management
- Comply with customer-specific privacy and security guidelines.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with the ability to communicate complex ideas
- Strong networking skills – IP, firewalls, routers, switches, VLANS, network security
- Strong IT System Administration skills (DNS, NTP, DHCP, etc.)
- Strong Linux shell scripting, Python and Java programming skills
- Proficiency with Oracle and Microsoft databases and data management tools
- Proficiency in Linux system installation and administration (RHEL preferred), virtual machines, and network configuration
- Proficiency in security configuration for distributed system deployments and trouble shooting
- Proficient SQL database and ETL skills
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS and Microsoft Azure
- Solid organization skills, problem solving skills and attention to detail
Professional Qualifications and Experience
- B.Sc. Computer Science, related field or equivalent experience
- Linux IT administration experience, and troubleshooting complex distributed systems
- Experience with large scale, enterprise information systems
Why you should join
We’re on a roll! PHEMI continues to earn recognition around the world, including the 2016 Datanami Readers’ and Editors’ Choice Award for “Best Big Data Innovator: Data Management.” PHEMI is a SC Magazine 2016 Trust Award Finalist, one of Network World’s 2016 “big data and analytics companies to watch,” and one of CB Insights’ 2016 “13 Early-Stage Startups to Watch in Canada.” In 2015, PHEMI won a Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ “Company to Watch” Award and closed a large financing round.
There’s never been a better time to join PHEMI, and there are even bigger things to come. Our leadership team has taken numerous early stage companies to great commercial success and our technology team is second to none. We’re energetic and dedicated collaborators, committed to changing how industries discover and drive value from their data. We encourage our employees to stretch their boundaries and develop innovative solutions. We regularly celebrate our successes with pizza, popsicles, relay races, and dodgeball tournaments!
Great people. Great technology. Great opportunity.